The Whittaker Inn COVID-19 Response
Updates to Keep Our Guests and Staff Safe
Though mandates and restrictions are being lifted every day we want to assure you that the health and safety of our visitors and staff have been and will continue to be our highest priority. We have always paid the utmost attention to the cleanliness of the guest rooms, kitchen, dining and gathering spaces at The Whittaker, and this will not change as we continue to navigate the ebb and flow of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Here are the current details. We will continue to monitor the situation and stay in full compliance with the CDC and local guidelines as we move forward:
- Mask Policy: Masks are no longer required, but you are of course welcome to wear them. If you prefer that we greet you and interact with you wearing a mask, please don't hesitate to let us know and we are happy to accommodate. This policy is subject to change based on the local Covid-19 infection rates.
- Flexible Cancellation Policy: We are offering a flexible cancellation policy during the duration of the pandemic. This is not only our business but also our home, so we kindly ask that you please stay home if you are sick, or suspect that you may have been exposed to someone who is. Our normal cancellation policy is 72 hours prior to arrival excluding football weekends that are 14 days prior to arrival, but if you become sick or government regulations are in place that prevents you from traveling to the inn you can cancel with a full refund.
- Express or Contact Free Check-in: We will still greet you with a smile, from a safe distance, when you come in the building but we have put your room keys, turndown treats, carryout dinner menu, and room service breakfast cards in a door hanger on your door. You can now check-in on your phone as long as we have your e-mail address on file. We ask all of our guests to give us a call or text (765-430-3081) when they are on their way to the Inn, so we know to expect you. We can also arrange for a 100% contact-free check-in as well, if you so desire.
- Express Check-out: When you are ready to depart, please leave the keys in your room and put the yellow please clean door hanger outside your door and we will email you the receipt. No in person check out process is required.
- Public Spaces: All public space light switches, door handles, night kitchen refrigerators, ice machines and coffee machine surfaces - essentially any surfaces which guests may come into frequent contact with are regularly sanitized and cleaned to help minimize the spread of germs. Hand sanitizer is available when you arrive to the inn in the public space, and every guestroom has a small bottle of hand sanitizer spray as part of the amenity kit for use during your stay.
- Housekeeping: We have always taken utmost care to ensure the rooms are clean. When guests stay multiple nights, we will only enter the room to clean upon request until their departure. All laundry is done on-premise with commercial grade equipment and detergents/disinfectants. Our linens never leave our property. Please note all guest rooms have their own individually controlled ductless HVAC systems so there is no shared air from any other rooms.